1st Palmerston Scouts has been in existence since 1927.
In 1938 when Scout Districts were formed in Canada, 1st Palmerston became part of Maitland District which was at the time the oldest rural district in Ontario until 2001 when districts were disbanded. 1st Palmerston then joined Northern Lights Area.
Over the years, 1st Palmerston’s 3 main sections (Beavers, Cubs and Scouts) held their meetings at the basement of the local library until 2015. Since then, the sections have been meeting at the Public School.
Daniel Plessis Bélair is the elder of our group.
He began in scouts as a Cub leader in 1989 and has spent most of his career in the Troop Section. Scouter Dan as we know him, has been President and District Commissioner for Maitland District until 2001 when Districts and Regions were replaced by Areas and Councils. He has been our Group Commissioner since 2005.